The vegan recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Pie:
servings – 1 pumpkin pie
- 250 g pumpkin cubes (steam until soft)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- 2 cloves (finely crush)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla flavor
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix evenly and set aside.
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Combine all the ingredients and knead into a smooth dough.
- Roll out into a round and lay it in a greased pie pan.
- Spread the pumpkin filling on the pie dough.
- Bake at 160°C for about 25 minutes.
- Remove, slice and serve.
Does the Vegan Pumpkin Pie “set up” like one made with milk? I’ve tried a vegan recipe in the past that was just too mushy when I tried to slice it to serve.
Would adding corn starch help make it firmer?
This is a thick crust and thin filling Vegan Pumpkin Pie. We agree that adding corn starch will make a thick filling firmer. Thanks!