The vegetarian recipe for Kung Pao Soy Meat:
servings – 4
- 20 textured vegetable protein/TVP cubes (soak in water until soft)
- 3 dried chilies (remove the stems and cut into sections)
- 1 green bell pepper (dice)
- 1 tomato (dice)
- adequate amount wheat flour
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Coat TVP cubes in wheat flour, fry until golden brown, remove, drain and set aside.
- In some remaining frying oil, saute dried chilies until fragrant.
- Add green bell pepper and tomato; stir well.
- Add rice vinegar, salt and soy sauce; stir well again.
- Add fried TVP cubes and mix evenly.
- Cover and simmer for a few seconds.
- Dish out and serve.