The vegetarian recipe for Wholemeal Tortillas:
servings – 12 tortillas
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/8 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Place wholemeal flour (1 cup), olive oil and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add hot water and stir evenly.
- Add the remaining wholemeal flour (1 cup), mix well and knead into a smooth dough.
- Spread some wheat flour on a table and over the dough.
- Roll the dough into a long loaf shape, divide into 12 portions and flatten them into rounds with a rolling pin.
- Pan-fry both sides until fragrant.