The vegetarian recipe for Pumpkin Net Crepes (Pumpkin Roti Jala):
servings – 8
- 500 g pumpkin (peel, remove the seeds, cut into chunks and steam until soft)
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 2 cups water
- Place pumpkin and water in a blender and process until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree and wheat flour; mix well to form a batter.
- Heat a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Ladle the pumpkin batter into a Roti Jala mold and move the mold in a circular motion over the pan to form a net-like pattern.
- Cover the pan to pan-fry for 1 minute.
- Dish out and set on a plate.
- Repeat steps 4 – 6 until all the batter is used up.
- Serve with Yogurt Curry.