The vegetarian recipe for Eggless Croissants:
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1 tbsp dry yeast
- 150 g butter
- 2 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- Warm up fresh milk, add dry yeast, stir evenly and leave aside for 5 minutes.
- Add wheat flour (1/2 cup) and combine.
- Add wheat flour (2 cups), butter, sugar and salt; combine.
- Knead the dough until smooth and let it ferment for 2 hours.
- Spread some wheat flour on a table and over the dough.
- Use a roller to flatten it and form a round shape; then, roll up to form a long loaf.
- Subsequently, flatten the loaf and roll up into a spiral; cut in half horizontally and flatten into 2 rectangles.
- Cut each rectangle into 4 wedges (1 wedge for stuffing: divide it into 3 portions).
- Lay one stuffing dough in the middle of the bottom of each triangle.
- Gently wrap up the stuffing dough and roll up; shape into crescent.
- Lay all croissants on a greased baking tray.
- Put in a preheated oven and bake at 160°c for about 35 minutes.
- Cool and serve.