The vegetarian recipe for ‘Taro and Vegetarian Ham in Barbecue Sauce’:
- 500 g of or 1 taro (peel, cut in half lengthwise and cut into half round slices)
- 1/2 loaf of vegetarian ham (defrost, cut in half lengthwise and cut into half round slices)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 3 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of diced coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water to form a thickening paste)
- 2 tablespoons of vegetarian barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons of vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon of peanut butter
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- Sprinkle five-spice powder (1/2 teaspoon) over the taro slices, fry, dish out, drain and set aside.
- Fry vegetarian ham slices until fragrant, dish out, drain and set aside.
- Arrange slices of taro and vegetarian ham by alternating them in rows on a serving dish.
- Heat oil, stir-fry five-spice powder (1/2 teaspoon) + peanut butter + vegetarian barbecue sauce + vegetarian oyster sauce until fragrant.
- Add sugar + water and bring to a boil.
- Then, thicken with tapioca paste.
- Gently pour the sauce over the slices of taro and vegetarian ham.
- Steam for 1/2 an hour.
- Lastly, top with diced coriander before serving.