The vegetarian recipe for ‘Rice Noodles in Vegetable Gravy’:
- 1 kg of rice noodles/河粉 he fen (stir-fry until fragrant and set aside)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems, slice and set aside)
- 1/2 kg of cabbage (cut into strips)
- 10 soya nuggets/vegetarian roasted chicken 素食香酥鸡 su shi xiang su ji (defrost, cut in half and set aside)
- 1 small portion of ginger (cut into thin strips)
- 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water to form a thickening paste)
- 8 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Heat oil, stir-fry ginger strips + shiitake mushroom slices + soya nuggets over low heat until fragrant.
- Add the above ginger mixture + vegetarian oyster sauce + salt + sugar + white pepper powder + cabbage strips + water into a pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add sesame oil + tapioca paste and bring to a boil.
- Slowly pour the gravy and vegetables over the stir-fried rice noodles.