The vegetarian recipe for Steamed Vegetable Buns:
servings – 14 buns
- 1 or 250 g yam bean (peel and shred)
- 6 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and shred)
- 150 g cabbage (shred)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- 5 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 tbsp instant dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 cup water
- Heat oil, add yam bean, shiitake mushrooms, cabbage, salt, sugar and white pepper powder; saute until fragrant.
- Switch to low heat, simmer until soft and fully absorbed.
- Add some water, briefly saute, dish out, place in a bowl and cool.
- Combine wheat flour, dry yeast, sugar, vegetable oil and water.
- Knead the dough until smooth and fine.
- Let it ferment for 5 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a long loaf and divide into 14 portions.
- Use a roller to flatten each portion into a round shape, place 1 tbsp filling in the center, wrap up and place the buns on greaseproof sheets.
- Let the buns to ferment for 35 minutes.
- Place the buns in the steamer baskets.
- Steam over high heat for about 10 minutes.