The vegan recipe for Lavender Jelly (no gelatin):
servings – 15 to 20 jellies
- 3 cups soaked coral grass (*wash coral grass, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 1 snow mushroom/silver ear mushroom (soak in water until soft and cut into small pieces)
- 1 tbsp dried lavender flowers – herb (place the herb and 1/2 cup water in a pot, boil until 1/4 cup liquid remains, strain and keep the liquid aside)
- 3/4 cup crystal sugar 冰糖 bing tang or sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 1/2 cups water
- Place all the ingredients in a blender (except snow mushroom) and puree until smooth and jelly-like.
- Pour the puree into a pot, add snow mushroom, heat over low flame and keep stirring until the first boil.
- Transfer the puree into jelly molds and refrigerate for about 2 hours.