The vegetarian recipe for Fried Mung Bean Cakes:
servings – 10 cakes
- 2 cups mung beans (soak in water for 1 hour and drain)
- 1/2 cup + 3 tbsp wheat flour
- 1/2 cup + 3 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Batter: Combine wheat flour (1/2 cup) and water (1/2 cup) and stir to form a smooth batter; set aside.
- Place mung beans and water (3 1/2 cups) in a pot and cook over low heat until fully absorbed.
- Remove, add wheat flour (3 tbsp) and sugar; mix evenly.
- Form into rounds and coat with the batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove, drain and serve.