The vegetarian recipe for Mango Pie:
servings – 6
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 150 g butter (dice)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ice water
- 3 medium-sized mangoes (peel, take the flesh and cut into 1 cm cubes)
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp wheat starch
- 1 tbsp wheat flour
- Sieve wheat flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add butter and quickly combine.
- Gradually add ice water and stir to combine.
- Wrap the dough in PE food wrapping film and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- Spread the mango cubes evenly on a baking tray and sprinkle over with sugar.
- Bake at 175°C for 30 minutes (stir every 10 minutes).
- Transfer into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Add wheat starch, wheat flour, lemon zest and cinnamon powder.
- Mix well.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator, divide into 2 portions (3/5 for the base and 2/5 for the cover) and roll out into rounds.
- Place the pastry base in a pie mold and gently press into the mold.
- Spread the mango filling over.
- Lay the pastry cover on top and crimp the edges.
- Cut a small cross in the middle of the pie to allow the release of steam while baking.
- Bake at 175°C for about 45 minutes.
- Remove and cool before serving.