The vegetarian recipe for Clay Pot Tofu:
servings – 6
- 3 blocks firm tofu (cut into cubes)
- 8 button mushrooms
- 3 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until soft, remove the stems and cut in half)
- 1/2 carrot (slice)
- 1 small portion ginger (slice)
- 1 stalk coriander leaves (cut into sections)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mix with some water)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp vegetarian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp white pepper powder
- Pan-fry tofu cubes until fragrant and place in a clay pot.
- Saute shiitake mushrooms, button mushrooms, carrot and ginger until fragrant; dish out and add them to the pot.
- Add water and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetarian oyster sauce, salt, sugar and vegetarian seasoning; stir evenly and briefly simmer.
- Add tapioca paste, white pepper powder and sesame oil; bring to a boil.
- Turn off the heat, top with coriander leaves and serve.