The vegetarian recipe for Pan Mee Soup:
servings – 2
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup ready-made fried shiitake strips/香脆丝 xiang cui si
- 1/2 kg SauropusandrogynwsL.Merr/树仔菜 shu zai cai (pluck the leaves)
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine wheat flour and water (3/4 cup); knead the dough until smooth and leave aside.
- Heat oil, saute fried shiitake strips until fragrant and place in a pot.
- Add water (6 cups) and bring to a boil.
- Tear the dough into small pieces and place in the pot.
- Add salt and shu zai cai; stir evenly.
- Cook until the dough pieces float to the surface.
- Dish out and serve.