The vegan recipe for Oatmeal Flatbread:
8 pieces of flatbread
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup ground golden flax seeds
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- Combine all the ingredients, knead into a smooth dough and divide into 8 portions.
- Spread some wheat flour on a table and flatten the dough portions into rounds with a rolling pin.
- Pan-fry each dough round on both sides until fragrant.
- Remove and serve.
Thanks for the recipe. You do use golden flaxseeds in many of your recipes. What is the function of the seeds in general?
What is the function of the seeds in this recipe?
Here’s an article of the benefits of flax seeds for your reference > http://www.healthbeckon.com/flax-seeds-benefits/ .
Adding it to this flatbread, increases its aroma and creates a mild nutty texture.
Thank you for your reply.
1) Is this flatbread suitable for a children’s party?
2) How long does it take to fry each one?
3) Is it possible to make this in advance? If so, how do we do it?
Sorry, no definite answers for your queries, you may want to try it out before the occasion to suit your conditions or situations.
Thank For Sharing this Great Information. It was helpful.
Thanks for the kind comment and support!