The vegetarian recipe for Cowberry Rolls:
servings – 20 rolls
- 1 cup cowberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 20 pieces spring roll pastry
- 2 tbsp wheat flour (mix with some water and stir to form an adhesive paste)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Place cowberries, water and sugar in a blender; puree until smooth and fine.
- Gently pour the puree into a pan and cook until fully absorbed.
- Dish out and cool.
- Lay 1/2 tsp cowberry jam in the center of a spring roll wrapper, fold the bottom edge up (to cover the filling), turn the left and right edges in, roll up and seal the top edge with the wheat flour paste; repeat.
- Heat oil and fry cowberry rolls until golden brown.