The vegetarian recipe for Baked Vegetable Buns:
Ingredients and Seasonings
- 250 gm yam bean (peel and dice)
- 1/2 cup canned green peas
- 1/2 cup canned mushrooms (dice)
- 1 tsp tapioca starch (mix with some water)
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp vegetarian oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp five-spice powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dark soy sauce
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 125 gm or 1/2 butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- some salt
- Heat oil, stir-fry yam bean + mushrooms + green peas + five-spice powder until fragrant.
- Add some water and simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetarian oyster sauce + salt + sugar + tapioca paste + dark soy sauce; stir evenly, dish out and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients and seasonings in a bowl.
- Knead the dough until smooth.
- Spread some wheat flour on a table and over the dough.
- Flatten it and use a roller to form a round shape.
- Then, roll up to form a long loaf; cut into 2-inch lengths and flatten into rounds.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each pastry.
- Pinch the edges together to seal.
- Spread some butter on a baking tray and lay all the buns on it.
- Bake at 170°c for about 45 minutes.