The Vegetarian Recipe for Crispy Bamboo Pith Rolls Filled With Taro Paste:
servings – 20 bamboo pith rolls
- 10 pieces bamboo pith (soak in water until soft, gently squeeze out excess water, remove the hard ends and cut in half lengthwise)
- 1 cup taro cubes (steam until tender and mash)
- some wheat flour (mix with some water and stir to form an adhesive paste)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- Combine mashed taro, salt and white pepper powder.
- Evenly spread the taro paste onto one end of the bamboo pith pieces, roll up and seal the edges with wheat flour paste.
- Heat oil and fry the bamboo pith rolls until golden brown.
- Dish out, drain and serve.