The vegan recipe for Lavender Tapioca Cookies:
servings – 40 cookies
- 2 tsp dried lavender flowers – herb
- 3 cups tapioca starch (saute without oil until the starch becomes light, remove and let completely cool)
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup fine sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- In a big mixing bowl, combine dried lavender flowers, tapioca starch, vegetable shortening and fine sugar; knead until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add coconut milk and knead the dough again.
- Spread some tapioca starch on a table, roll out the tapioca dough into a layer of 1/2 inch in height.
- Use a heart (or your desired form) cookie cutter to cut out the heart shapes (or your desired shapes).
- Lay them on baking trays and bake at 170°C for about 35 minutes.
- Remove, cool and serve or store in an airtight container for future serving.