The vegetarian recipe for Vegan Jelly:
servings – 15 jellies
- 3 cups soaked coral grass (*wash coral grass, soak in water overnight and drain)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla flavour
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 drops liquid food color – bright red
- 3 drops liquid food color – apple green
- 3 drops liquid food color – yellow
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth and jelly-like.
- Pour the puree into a pot, heat on low flame and keep stirring until first boil.
- Divide the puree into 3 equal portions.
- Mix one portion with red food coloring, one with green food coloring and one with yellow food coloring.
- Pour into the jelly molds and refrigerate for about 2 hours.