The vegetarian recipe for Glutinous Rice Balls in Brown Sugar Dessert Soup:
servings – 60 rice balls
- 1 packet or 500 g glutinous rice flour
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 pandan leaves (tie a knot)
- 1 small portion ginger (pat)
- 2 drops liquid food color – orange
- 2 drops liquid food color – green
- 14 cups water
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Mix glutinous rice flour and water (2 cups), knead the dough and divide into three portions (combine orange food color with one portion, combine green food color with the other portion and leave the 3rd portion without any color).
- Then, divide each portion into 20 equal pieces.
- Form the pieces into round shapes, press a dent in the center, use a chopstick to scoop out some peanut butter, put it in the center, wrap up and roll into balls.
- Place water (12 cups) in a pot, add brown sugar, pandan leaves and ginger; cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add glutinous rice balls and cook until they float.
- Dish out and serve.