The vegetarian recipe for ‘Spicy Peanut Sauce’:
- 1 pumpkin (peel, remove the seeds and core, dice, steam for about 20 minutes)
- 2 torch ginger buds/bunga kantan (dice)
- 1 turmeric (peel, dice)
- 4 stalks of lemongrass (remove the sheath and dice)
- 3 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 3 limes (squeeze the juice)
- 4 cups of water
- 1/2 tablespoon of tapioca starch (mix with some water to form a thickening paste)
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- Place pumpkin + torch ginger buds + turmeric + lemongrass + peanut butter + lime juice + water in a blender and puree.
- Heat oil, cook the spicy peanut puree over low heat and bring to a boil.
- Add soy sauce + sugar + tapioca paste and bring to a boil.
- May serve with ‘Coconut Nuggets‘, ‘Fried Pumpkin‘, cucumber strips, yam bean strips, fried bean curd, blanched long beans, blanched bean sprouts and blanched wheat noodles.