- 1 kg of grapes (peel, deseed, puree and set aside)
- 2 cups of wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons of self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup of oil
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- Grape Jam = Add grape puree + sugar into a pot, stir and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Pastry = Combine wheat flour + wheat germ + self-rising flour + salt + 1 cup of water + oil and knead the dough; take out one small portion of the dough, roll round and cut into strips; roll round the remaining dough and place it into a round baking pan.
- Gentle pour the grape jam onto the round pastry, smooth the surface and lay the pastry strips across the pie.
- Put in a 180°c oven and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool before slicing and serve.