- 12 shiitake mushrooms (soak in water until tender, remove stems and set aside)
- 5 pieces of dry tofu/豆干 dou gan (dice)
- 5 pieces of carrot (dice)
- 2 pieces of yam bean (dice)
- 2 tablespoons of tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of vegetarian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon of seasame oil
- Filling = Heat up some oil, stir-fry diced dry tofu + diced carrot + diced yam bean over medium heat until fragrant; add white pepper powder + soy sauce + vegetarian seasoning and stir evenly; dish out, put in a big bowl and combine with tapioca starch + sesame oil, mix well and set aside.
- Stuff the shiitake caps with the filling.
- Arrange the stuffed shiitake mushrooms on a steaming plate.
- Steam for 10 minutes and serve.